Tuesday, December 30, 2014

How I Got Started In Direct Sales

Never in a million years did I think I would get involved in a direct sales company. For starters I am an introvert. The idea about being around large groups of people is exhausting to me. Plus I can't stand the telephone. I am thankful everyday for email and texts messages. Now here I am today involved in not 1 but 2 direct sales companies!

The first company that I got involved with is Traveling Vineyard. I have been to so many direct sales parties hosted by friends and relatives that the last thing I needed was more dips, candles or bags. However, I kept going to these parties to support the host and for the wine and appetizers that were always served by the gracious host. I finally asked "Why can't there be a party that just serves wine?" Then someone mentioned Traveling Vineyard!

The next day I looked into it, contacted them and decided to become a Wine Guide with Traveling Vineyard. Funny thing is I didn't know a damn thing about wine. I only referred to wine as either red or white. I had no idea pinot grigio was referring to a grape and certain foods change the taste of wine. Traveling Vineyard provides so much support and training that I discovered wine is my passion!

Being involved in direct sales is not such a bad thing for an introvert like me. I realized I can handle large groups of strangers and it is enjoyable. The best thing about direct sales is you make the schedule. Therefore, I know doing 1 or 2 parties a week will not exhaust me or require me to shut down from the rest of the world for a few days. Plus I learned so much about wine and met great people. 

A few months ago I came across another direct sales company, Clever Container. Clever Container is all about organizing. It is a ground floor company but they are with the DSA (Direct Selling Association). I am not a very organized person but it is very necessary for me. I live in a small 2 bedroom condo and have a 4 year old daughter with lots of toys. I figured the best way to become organized is to be involved in it so I joined Clever Container!

I have only been involved with Clever Container for a few months. I have earned a lot of free products and money to pay for Christmas! I am also learning and becoming inspired to become an more organized person.

My goal is to build up my direct sales companies and eventually quit my full time job. I never thought I would even consider doing direct sales and now that is all I want to do. I guess it is true that  you never know unless you try.







No comments:

Post a Comment